How to dance
- Move with conviction rather than just plodding about. Wearing flexible shoes helps with this. Think barefoot shoes, not sneakers or boots.
- Give weight in turns, stars, circles, etc.(use the pasta scale of spaghetti noodles: not overcooked, not undercooked, but al dente) Working to help your partner, not hinder.
- Carrying on the spaghetti theme, think of meatballs- and dance on the balls of your feet. Use a skip-change or skip step where appropriate- point your feet for a sharp look. A set is trading weight on your feet in time to the music.
- Give eye contact, but don’t be creepy.
- Show other people that you’re enjoying yourself. Smile.